Sunday, May 27, 2007

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page” – St. Augustine


Welcome to part 2 of our Italian Vacation. Or page 2, in light of the above quote!

As I mentioned before, I had low expectations about visiting Venice. In fact Jesse pretty much had to twist my arm to go. I’m sure glad he did – it was wonderful. The weather was very nice, the crowds not TOO bad (especially early in the morning – the best time to visit some of the more popular spots like Piazza San Marco), the location of our small, comfy hotel was ideal, and of course I have to mention food …more delicious pizza, plus fresh seafood! Jesse & I think the best way to experience any place is to wander around and get lost, and this is especially true in Venice. Besides, like the guidebooks say, it’s an island – how lost can you get? We passed up taking a Gondola ride, but we sure had fun photographing them. There were so many photo-ops that Jesse was really in his glory. It’ll be tough to choose what to show you here on the blog. And while we’re at it, we’re including a few pictures of Springtime in Zurich. There are some very nice views right here – only a 20 minute walk away! Plus, it’s always fun to add a photo or 2 of Lucky, the wonder-dog (I do wonder about that dog). Please scroll down to see …

2 comments:

Opinionated One said...

Oh, the Wisteria! How beautiful!! That's it! Next year I will visit Europe in the SUMMER!!

Amy Timberlake said...

Susan -- Wow! This is fabulous! Gorgeous photographs . . . sigh.